Formed in 1990 the Durham Agency Against Crime has gone from strength to strength supporting and creating safety initiatives to reduce crime and the fear of crime to make County Durham and Darlington become a safe place to work live and invest.
The charity responds to meet the needs of communities and now focuses on working towards long term change, by educating, challenging behaviours and acts as a catalyst to local action by managing and facilitating integrated crime prevention and community safety programmes across County Durham and Darlington.
Its award winning projects have received regional and national recognition, which have adapted to meet local needs and trends with huge success. the charity relies on forging strong positive partnerships with various organisations who support the agency ensuring fantastic outcomes. In 2012 the agency through its various projects engaged with over 25,000 young people.
- Developing proactive projects to meet needs
- Increase positive perception of young people
- Inspire community confidence.
- Stimulating partnership and networking
- Promoting innovative approaches to crime prevention and community safety
- Funding, supporting and facilitating projects.